Sunday, December 9, 2007
A Few Triple Jump Rules
The rules of the triple jump event, at the international level, are set by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF). 5 of the most common rules are-
* The triple jump program must consist of a hop, a step and a jump.
* The design of the take-off board used in the triple jump event is specified by the IAAF in its rule-book. The organization also has the power to choose the material for the take-off board.
* As per the rules set by the IAAF, the distance between the take-off line and the end of the landing area should be minimum 21 meter in length.
* During the triple jump competition, the last jump should be landed in the pit filled with soft sand.
* The athletes are not allowed to touch the ground between the take-off line and the landing area. An athlete found violating this rule can be disqualified from the competition.